The textiles in this portfolio are mainly decorative and practical pieces I have created using multiple textile art techniques, such as printing, weaving, knitting, crochet, sewing and quilting and appliqué. I create decorative pieces of fabric using these techniques, rather than following a pattern, and once the piece has been created, then I decide on its possible use – be it purely decorative,or maybe a bag, an item of clothing or soft furnishing.
- textile art: reverse appliqué, wall hangings
- reverse applique, embroidery wool & cotton yarns on a heddle loom
- knitting & crochet: wool and silk yarns
- sewing, embroidery and quilting: silks, cotton & satin fabrics
- links to other websites displaying my work: http://www.handmadeart.com.au
- handmade, textile art, textiles